5A-50 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle:
DTC Confirmation Procedure
• When performing a road test, select a place where there is no traffic or possibility of a traffic
accident and be very careful during testing to avoid occurrence of an accident.
• Road test should be carried out with 2 persons, a driver and a tester, on a level road.
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch OFF, if available.
2) Clear DTC in TCM memory and start engine and keep for 20 minutes or more.
3) Stop vehicle and check DTC.
Was "A/T System Check" performed?
Check transmission fluid temperature circuit for ground
1) Check continuity between terminal "C06-11" of
disconnected harness side TCM connector and ground.
Is continuity indicated?
Inspect transmission fluid temperature sensor
1) Inspect transmission fluid temperature sensor referring
to "Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Inspection".
Is result satisfactory?
DTC P0713: Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit High
2. Transmission fluid temperature sensor
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
Transmission fluid temperature sensor terminal voltage is
more than specified value even though engine was running in
"R", "D", "3", "2" or "L" range for 12 minutes after starting
[A]: Terminal arrangement of TCM connector (viewed from harness side)
Go to Step 2.
"LT GRN" circuit shorted
Intermittent trouble or
faulty TCM. Check for
intermittent referring to
"Intermittent and Poor
in Section 00". If OK,
substitute a known-
good TCM and recheck.
• Transmission fluid temperature sensor or its circuit
Go to "A/T System
Go to Step 3.