3A-17 Drive Shaft / Axle: Rear
Refer to "Front Drive Shaft Disassembly and
Reassembly: Front" note the following points which is
different from the front drive shaft is described.
• Apply grease to each joint.
Wheel side: Black
Differential side: Dark gray
Wheel side: 50 – 70 g (1.8 – 2.5 oz)
Differential side: 70 – 90 g (2.5 – 3.2 oz)
• Drive in the cage (1) by using special tool.
• Fit differential side boot as follows.
– Fit boot (1) to grooves of shaft and housing (2)
adjust length to specification below.
– Insert screw driver into boot and allow air to enter
boot so that air pressure in boot becomes the same
as atmospheric pressure.
Drive shaft boot fixing position (distance
between housing end and small boot band
Left side and right side drive shafts "a": 142.5
mm (5.61 in.)
• Fasten differential side boot band as follows.
• Bend each boot band against forward
• Do not squeeze or distort boot when
fastening it with bands. Distorted boot
caused by squeezing air may reduce its
– Place differential side boot new big band (3) and
new small band onto boot putting band outer end
(1) against forward rotation (2) as shown in figure.
– Fasten differential side boot new big band (1) and
new small band by drawing hooks (2) with special
tool and engage hooks (3) in slot and window (4).