1C-1 Engine Electrical Devices:
Engine Electrical Devices
Engine Control Module (ECM) Removal and
As ECM consists of precision parts, be
careful not to expose it to excessive shock.
1) Disconnect negative cable at battery.
2) Disconnect connectors from ECM as follows.
a) Push lock (1) to release locking of lock lever (2).
b) Turn lock lever to arrow direction until it stops.
3) Remove ECM (1) from its bracket by removing its
mounting bolts (2).
Reverse removal procedure noting the following:
• Tighten ECM mounting bolts to specified torque.
ECM mounting bolt (a): 8 N·m (0.8 kgf-m, 6.0 lb-
• Connect connectors to ECM as follows.
a. Make sure that lock lever of ECM connector is
b. Insert ECM connectors to ECM until it stops with
unlocked lock lever.
c. Lock ECM connectors securely by pulling its lock