8) Remove oil seals from rear differential (1) using
9) Remove differential cover (1) using special tool, and
then take out differential assembly, outer race and
shim all at once.
10) Pull out differential side bearings (1) using special
11) Remove drive bevel gear (hypoid gear), differential
gears, differential pinions and pinion shaft as follows.
a) With aluminum plates (2) placed on vise first,
grip differential case with it and remove drive
bevel gear (hypoid gear) (3) by removing its bolts
b) Drive out differential side pinion shaft pin with
special tool and hammer.
c) Disassemble differential gears (2), pinions (3),
washers and shaft (4) in differential case (1).
12) Remove bevel pinion nut with special tool.
13) Remove rear bearing (2) from drive bevel pinion (1)
by using bearing puller (3) and hydraulic press.