Forward Impact-Sensor Removal and
During service procedures, be very careful
when handling a sensor.
• Never strike or jar a sensor.
• A sensor and mounting bracket bolts must
be carefully torqued to assure proper
operation. Under loose connection, it
could cause improper operation of the air
1) Disconnect negative (–) cable at battery.
2) Disable air bag system referring to "Disabling Air
3) Remove front bumper referring to "Front Bumper
and Rear Bumper Components in Section 9K".
4) Disconnect forward impact-sensor connector (1)
sliding connector outer (2) as shown.
5) Remove forward impact-sensor bolt (3) and forward
impact-sensor (4) from apron-side-member (driver
Proper operation of forward impact-sensor
requires sensor be rigidly attached to vehicle
structure and that the arrow on sensor be
pointing toward the front of the vehicle.
1) Check that none of the following faulty conditions
• Bend, deformity or rust of front panel.
• Foreign matter on mating surface of sensor.
2) Install forward impact-sensor (1) to apron-side-
member (driver side) (3) and tighten mounting bolt
(2) to specified torque.
Forward impact-sensor mounting bolt (a): 9 N·m
(0.9 kgf-m, 6.5 lb-ft)
3) Connect forward impact-sensor connector (4) by
pushing connector till click is heard from it.
4) Install front bumper referring to "Front Bumper and
Rear Bumper Components in Section 9K".
5) Enable air bag system referring to "Enabling Air Bag
6) Connect negative (–) cable at battery.
Air Bag System: