6C-40 Power Assisted Steering System:
5) Clamp boot with clip and wire. Wire should be new
and should go around the boot twice.
Pull its both ends together by screwdriver or such
and make sure that the wire won't be crossed. Then
twist the ends 4 – 5 times, the twisted ends should
be bent in the circumferential direction.
After clamping, make sure that the boot
installation part is fixed.
If the boot turns easily by hand, tighten with
higher torque to fix it firmly.
6) Install tie-rod end lock nut and tie-rod end to tie-rod.
Position lock nut to marking (1) made in removal.
When tie-rod was replaced, measure length
"a" on removed tie-rod and use it on new
replacement tie-rod so as to position lock nut
7) Tighten tie-rod end lock nut to specified torque.
Tie-rod end lock nut (a): 45 N·m (4.5 kgf-m, 32.5
8) Install member bracket (1), and then install earth
cable (2) as shown in figure.
: Within 20°
Earth cable bolt (a): 4.0 N·m (0.4 kgf-m, 2.8 lb-ft)
Steering Rack Plunger Removal and Installation
1) Loosen lock nut (1) with holding damper screw (2).
2) Remove lock nut (1), rack damper screw (2), rack
plunger spring (3), washer (5), spring washers (6),
O-ring (7) and rack plunger (4).