16) Install new planetary ring gear subassembly (1) to
reduction drive gear (3) by using special tools and
• Do not reuse planetary ring gear
subassembly. Otherwise it may cause
damage to planetary gear unit and/or
• Do not use transaxle case as groundwork
to press fit planetary ring gear
• Do not give load more than 20 kN (2000 kg,
4410 lb) with hydraulic press. Otherwise, it
may result in damaging reduction drive
2. Stand that can slightly lift transaxle case.
17) Using a small torque wrench, while turning to
counter drive gear 100 rpm and measure the
• Do not tighten nut over the specifications
so that reduction drive gear nut would not
• Carry out this procedure on rubber mat in
order not to damage transaxle case.
Reduction drive gear bearing preload measured
as starting torque
Standard: 0.05 – 0.35 N⋅m (0.5 – 3.5 kg-cm, 0.036
– 0.253 lb-ft)
18) Caulk reduction drive gear nut (1).
19) Apply A/T fluid to planetary gear assembly (1), then
fit it to planetary ring gear assembly.