Oil Pan and Oil Pump Strainer Removal and
1) Remove oil level gauge.
2) Drain engine oil by removing drain plug.
3) For 4WD model, dismount transfer referring to
"Transfer Dismounting and Remounting in Section
4) Remove clutch housing lower plate (1).
5) Remove oil pan and then oil pump strainer (1) from
1) Install new O-rings (2) in the position as shown in the
figure and install oil pump strainer (1).
Tighten strainer bolt (3) first and then bracket bolt (4)
to specified torque.
Oil pump strainer bolt (a): 11 N·m (1.1 kgf-m, 8.0
Oil pump strainer bracket bolt (b): 11 N·m (1.1
kgf-m, 8.0 lb-ft)
2) Install dowel pin (1) to oil pan.
3) Apply sealant continuously to oil pan mating surface
as shown in the figure.
"A": Sealant 99000–31260 (SUZUKI Bond
Sealant amount for oil pan
Width "a": 3 mm (0.12 in.)
Height "b": 2 mm (0.08 in.)
Engine Lubrication System: