8B-105 Air Bag System:
3) Connect side curtain-air bag (inflator) module
connector (1) securely as shown in figure.
a) Connect connector.
b) Lock connector with lock button (2).
[A]: Hatchback model
4) Install head lining referring to "Head Lining Removal
and Installation in Section 9H".
5) Enable air bag system. Refer to "Enabling Air Bag
[B]: Sedan model
Side Curtain-Air Bag (Inflator) Module
• Never measure resistance of side curtain-
air bag (inflator) module or disassemble it.
Otherwise personal injury may result.
• Never attempt to disassemble or repair the
side curtain-air bag (inflator) module. If any
abnormality is found, be sure to replace it
with new one as an assembly.
• Be sure to read "Precautions on Service
and Diagnosis of Air Bag System",
"Precautions on Handling and Storage of
Air Bag System Components" and
"Precautions on Disposal of Air Bag and
Seat Belt Pretensioner" before starting to
work and observe every precaution during
work. Neglecting them may result in
personal injury or undeployment of the air
bag when necessary.
If air bag (inflator) module was dropped from
a height of 90 cm (3 ft) or more, it should be
Check air bag (inflator) module appearance visually for
the following symptoms and if any one of them is found,
replace with a new one.
• Air bag has deployed.
• Inflator case being damaged or having been exposed
to strong impact (dropped).