9. Exhaust No.2 pipe
Exhaust Manifold Removal and Installation
To avoid danger of being burned, do not
service exhaust system while it is still hot.
Service should be performed after system
1) Disconnect negative cable at battery.
2) Disconnect HO2S-1 connector (1) (connector color:
black) and HO2S-2 connector (2) (connector color:
green), and then detach it from its stay.
3) Remove exhaust manifold stiffener (1).
4) Remove HO2S-2 (3) from exhaust manifold and
exhaust No.1 pipe, if necessary.
5) Disconnect exhaust No.1 pipe (2) from exhaust
21. Exhaust pipe clamp
6) Remove exhaust manifold (1) and its gasket from
1) Install new gasket to cylinder head. Then install
Tighten manifold bolts (1) and nuts (2) to specified
Exhaust manifold bolt (a): 50 N·m (5.0 kgf-m,
Exhaust manifold nut (b): 50 N·m (5.0 kgf-m,
Be sure to install exhaust manifold bolts and
nuts to proper location as shown in figure.
2) Install new seal ring and connect exhaust No.1 pipe
(1) to exhaust manifold.
Tighten pipe fasteners to specified torque.
Exhaust No.1 pipe bolt (a): 50 N·m (5.0 kgf-m,