5A-66 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle:
DTC P0973 / P0976: Shift Solenoid-A (No.1) Control Circuit Low / Shift Solenoid-B (No.2) Control
2. Shift solenoid valve-A (No.1)
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
Voltage of shift solenoid valve TCM terminal is low although
TCM is commanding shift solenoid to turn ON
DTC Confirmation Procedure
• When performing a road test, select a place where there is no traffic or possibility of a traffic
accident and be very careful during testing to avoid occurrence of an accident.
• Road test should be carried out with 2 persons, a driver and tester, on a level road.
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch OFF, if available.
2) Clear DTC in TCM memory.
3) Start engine shift select lever to "D" range.
4) Start vehicle and increase vehicle speed until gear position reaches 3rd or 4th gear.
5) Decrease vehicle speed and stop vehicle.
6) Check DTC.
3. Shift solenoid valve-B (No.2)
[A]: Terminal arrangement of TCM connector (Viewed from harness side)
• Shift solenoid valve circuit shorted to ground
• Malfunction of shift solenoid valve