5A-154 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle:
43) Measure O/D and 2nd coast brake piston stroke.
• Measure dimension "a" from end face of transaxle
case to O/D and 2nd coast brake rear plate (1)
using straightedge and micrometer caliper.
• Measure dimension "b" from O/D and 2nd coast
brake piston (2) to rear cover assembly mating
surface using straightedge and micrometer
• Calculate piston stroke from measured value of
dimensions "a" and "b".
• Piston stroke = "a" – "b"
O/D and 2nd coast brake piston stroke
Standard: 0.65 – 1.05 mm (0.026 – 0.041 in.)
When piston stroke is out of specification, select O/D
and 2nd coast brake rear plate with proper thickness
from among the following table and replace it.
When brake disc, retaining plate, separator
plate and/or rear plate of O/D and 2nd coast
brake have been replaced, all learned
contents, which have been stored in TCM
memory by executing learning control,
should be initialized referring to "Learning
Neglecting this initialization may cause
excessive shift shock.
Available O/D and 2nd coast brake rear plate
1.8 mm (0.071 in.)
2.0 mm (0.079 in.)
2.2 mm (0.087 in.)
2.4 mm (0.094 in.)
2.6 mm (0.102 in.)
44) After applying A/T fluid to new 2nd brake gaskets (1),
install them to transaxle case (2).
45) After applying A/T fluid to reverse clutch drum thrust
bearing (1), install it to forward and reverse clutch
46) Remove sealant attached to mating surface of
transaxle rear cover (1) completely.
47) Apply sealant to mating surface of transaxle rear
cover (1) by using a nozzle (2) as shown in figure by
such amount that its section is 1.2 mm (0.047 in.) in
"A": Sealant 99000–31230 (SUZUKI Bond