DTC Confirmation Procedure
• When performing a road test, select a place where there is no traffic or possibility of a traffic
accident and be very careful during testing to avoid occurrence of an accident.
• Road test should be carried out with 2 persons, a driver and a tester, on a level road.
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch OFF, if available.
2) Clear DTC in TCM memory.
3) Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4) Shift select lever to "N" and "D" range for 10 seconds.
5) Start vehicle and increase vehicle speed to 65 km/h (40 mile/h) with throttle position 10% or more.
6) Stop vehicle and turn ignition switch OFF.
7) Repeat Step 3) to 5) one time.
8) Stop vehicle and check DTC.
Was "A/T System Check" performed?
1) Check shift solenoid valve-A (No.1) or -B (No.2) for
operation referring to "Solenoid Valves (Shift Solenoid
Valves and Timing Solenoid Valve) Inspection".
Are they in good condition?
DTC P0787: Shift / Timing Solenoid Control Circuit Low
2. Timing solenoid valve
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
Voltage of timing solenoid valve TCM terminal is low although
TCM is commanding timing solenoid valve to turn ON.
[A]: Terminal arrangement of TCM connector (viewed from harness side)
Go to Step 2.
Clean fluid passage or
replace valve body
• Timing solenoid valve circuit shorted to ground
• Timing solenoid valve malfunction
Go to "A/T System
Replace shift solenoid
valve-A or -B.