1G-16 Fuel System:
When connecting joint, clean outside surface
of pipe where joint is to be inserted, push
joint into pipe till joint lock clicks and check
to ensure that pipes are connected securely,
or fuel leak may occur.
1) Clean mating surfaces of fuel pump assembly and
2) Put plate (2) on fuel pump assembly (1) by matching
the protrusion of fuel pump assembly (3) to plate
hole (4) as shown.
3) Install new gasket (2), fuel pump assembly (1) and
earth bracket (5) with plate (3) to fuel tank (4).
Fuel pump assembly bolt (a): 11 N·m (1.1 kgf-m,
4) Connect fuel feed pipe (1) to fuel pump assembly
5) Install fuel tank to vehicle. Refer to "Fuel Tank
Removal and Installation".
Main Fuel Level Sensor Removal and
• Do not touch resister plate (1) and deform
arm (2). It may cause main fuel level sensor
• Be very careful not to cause damage to
fuel tube installed section (sealed section
in bore). If it be damaged, replace it with
new one, or fuel will leak from the part.
1) Remove fuel pump assembly from fuel tank referring
to "Fuel Pump Assembly Removal and Installation".
2) Disconnect main fuel level sensor connector (3).
3) With pressing snap-fit part (2), remove main fuel
level sensor (1) by sliding it in the arrow direction as
shown in figure.
Reverse removal procedure for installation.