4D-3 Parking Brake:
Parking Brake Lever Removal and Installation
1) Remove console box.
2) Block vehicle wheels and release parking brake
3) Disconnect lead wire of parking brake switch at
4) Loosen parking brake cable adjusting nut (1).
5) Remove parking brake lever bolts (1) and then
remove parking brake lever assembly (2) with
Don't disassemble parking brake lever
switch. It must be removed and installed as a
complete switch assembly.
1) Install in reverse order of removal procedure.
Check equalizer inclined angle.
Parking brake lever bolt (a): 26 N·m (2.6 kgf-m,
2) After all parts are installed, parking brake lever
needs to be adjusted. Refer to "Parking Brake
Inspection and Adjustment".
3) Check brake drum for dragging and brake system for
proper performance. After removing vehicle from
hoist, brake test should be performed.