1D-68 Engine Mechanical:
Sensor Plate Inspection
Check sensor plate for crack damage.
If malcondition is found, replace it.
Rear Oil Seal Inspection
Carefully inspect oil seal (1) for wear or damage. If its lip
is worn or damaged, replace it.
• If ring gear is damaged, cracked or worn, replace
• If the surface contacting clutch disc is damaged, or
excessively worn, replace flywheel.
Flywheel Face Runout
Check flywheel face runout with a dial gauge.
If runout exceeds its limit, replace flywheel.
Flywheel face runout
Limit: 0.2 mm (0.0079 in.)
Cylinder Block Inspection
Distortion of Gasketed Surface
Using straightedge and thickness gauge, check
gasketed surface for distortion and, if flatness exceeds
its limit, correct It.
Cylinder block flatness
Limit: 0.03 mm (0.0012 in.)
Honing or Reboring Cylinders
1) When any cylinder needs reboring, all other
cylinders must also be rebored at the same time.
2) Select oversized piston according to amount of
Oversize piston specification
Oversize 0.50: 78.453 – 78.468 mm (3.0887 –
3) Using micrometer, measure piston diameter.
Measurement position for piston diameter
"a": 19.5 mm (0.77 in.)
4) Rebore and hone cylinder to the following
Before reboring, install all main bearing caps
in place and tighten to specification to avoid
distortion of bearing bores.
Cylinder bore diameter to be rebored
Oversize 0.50: 78.500 – 78.514 mm (3.0906 –
5) Measure piston clearance after honing.
0.032 – 0.061 mm (0.0013 – 0.0024 in.)