3A-9 Drive Shaft / Axle: Front
17) Fit boot (1) to grooves of shaft and housing (2) and
adjust length to specification below.
Insert screw driver into boot and allow air to enter
boot so that air pressure in boot becomes the same
as atmospheric pressure.
Drive shaft boot fixing position (distance
between housing end and small boot band
Left side drive shaft "a": 170 mm (6.69 in.)
Right side drive shaft "b": 189 mm (7.44 in.)
[A]: Left side drive shaft
[B]: Right side drive shaft
• Bend each boot band against forward
• Do not squeeze or distort boot when
fastening it with bands. Distorted boot
caused by squeezing air may reduce its
18) Place differential side boot (or center shaft side) new
big band (3) and new small band (4) onto boot
putting band outer end (1) against forward rotation
(2) as shown in figure.
19) Fasten differential side (or center shaft side) boot
• For differential side (or center shaft side) boot big
Fasten band (1) by drawing hooks (2) with special
tool and engage hooks (3) in slot and window (4).
• For differential side (or center shaft side) boot
Fasten band (5) using special tool as shown in
: 2.6 ± 1.4 mm (0.102 ± 0.055 in.)