1D-42 Engine Mechanical:
Valves and Cylinder Head Disassembly and
1) For ease in servicing cylinder head, remove intake
manifold, injectors, exhaust manifold from cylinder
2) Using special tools (Valve lifter), compress valve
spring and then remove valve cotters (1) also by
using special tool (Forceps).
3) Release special tools (Valve lifter), and remove
spring retainer and valve spring.
4) Remove valve from combustion chamber side.
5) Remove valve stem seal (1) from valve guide and
valve spring seat (2).
Do not reuse valve stem seal once
disassembled. Be sure to use new seal when
6) Using special tool (Valve guide remover), drive valve
guide out from combustion chamber side to valve
Do not reuse valve guide once disassembled.
Be sure to use new valve guide (oversize)
7) Place disassembled parts except valve stem seal
and valve guide in order so that they can be installed
in their original position.