4) Insert piston into cylinder by hand and fit boot in boot
groove in piston.
Check that boot is fitted in boot groove
securely all around piston and cylinder.
5) To confirm that boot is fitted in its groove in cylinder
properly, pull piston out of cylinder a little but do not
take it all out.
Boot's face (1) should be at the same level
from cylinder's face (2) all around.
6) Insert piston into cylinder by hand.
Front Disc Brake Caliper Check
Perform this check in the following case.
• When replacing the brake pad with new
• When checking the thickness of brake pad.
• Before disassembling the brake caliper.
Caliper (body) and Carrier
Check brake caliper body and carrier for deformation,
crack, damage and rust. If defective, replace brake
caliper and carrier.
Check cylinder boot (1) for break, chap and brake fluid
leak. If defective, overhaul or replace brake caliper.
Before installing caliper to carrier, check for its smooth
movement in thrust direction.
If defective, replace slide pin and boot.
Front Brake Disc Removal and Installation
During removal, be careful not to damage
brake flexible hose and not to depress brake
1) Hoist vehicle and remove front wheel.
2) Remove caliper assembly by removing caliper
carrier bolts (2 pcs).
Hang removed caliper with a wire hook or the
like so as to prevent brake hose from
bending and twisting excessively or being