5A-138 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle:
Differential Assembly Disassembly and
1) Remove final gear bolts (1), and then final gear (2).
2) Remove differential side RH bearing by using special
3) Remove output shaft speed sensor (VSS) drive gear
2. Differential case subassembly
4) Remove differential side LH bearing by using special
• When taking warmed final driven gear out
of vessel, use tongs or the like. Taking out
it with bare hand will cause severe burn.
• While installing warmed final driven gear,
use oven glove such as leather glove.
Picking up it with bare hand may cause
Do not leave final driven gear in boiling water
for longer than 5 min. Overheating the gear
may cause strength reduction of gear.
1) Put final driven gear in water vessel, heat and
remove when it boils, then remove moisture.
After removing moisture on final driven gear,
install final driven gear to differential case as
quickly as possible.