1) Disconnect negative (–) cable at battery.
2) Disable air bag system referring to "Disabling Air
3) Remove console box referring to "Console Box
Components in Section 9H".
4) Remove G sensor (ABS model) or yaw rate / G
sensor (ESP® model) referring to "G Sensor
Removal and Installation (4WD Model) in Section
4E" or "Yaw Rate / G Sensor Removal and
Installation in Section 4F" and its bracket (1).
5) Disconnect SDM connector (1) from SDM (2).
6) Remove SDM (2) from vehicle.
1) Check that none of the following faulty conditions
• Bend, scratch, deformity in vehicle body where
SDM is mounted.
• Foreign matter or rust on mating surface of vehicle
body where SDM is mounted.
2) Install SDM (2) to vehicle.
Ensure that arrow on the SDM is pointing
toward the front of the vehicle.
3) Tighten SDM bolts (1) to specified torque.
SDM bolt (a): 9 N·m (0.9 kgf-m, 6.5 lb-ft)
4) Connect SDM connector (2) to SDM (3) securely.
5) Install G sensor bracket (1) (ABS model) or yaw rate
/ G sensor (ESP® model) to floor panel.
Air Bag System: