7B-26 Air Conditioning System: Manual Type
7. Cover (without HVAC air
HVAC Unit Removal and Installation
1) Recover refrigerant from A/C system with recovery
and recycling equipment referring to "Recovery" in
"Operation Procedure for Refrigerant Charge:
2) Drain engine coolant referring to "Cooling System
Draining in Section 1F", and then disconnect heater
hoses from HVAC unit.
3) Remove cowl top cover from vehicle body referring
to "Cowl Top and Front Lower Crossmember
Components in Section 9K".
4) Remove instrument panel from vehicle body
referring to "Instrument Panel Removal and
Installation in Section 9C".
5) Loosen a bolt (1) and remove pipes from expansion
14. Heater core
21. Temperature control lever
6) Remove HVAC unit (1) from vehicle body by
removing nuts (2).
: Do not reuse.