Transfer Dismounting and Remounting
1) Disconnect negative cable at battery.
2) Drain transaxle oil and transfer oil.
3) Remove drive shafts assembly referring to "Front
Drive Shaft Assembly Removal and Installation:
Front in Section 3A".
4) Remove exhaust No.1, No.2 and center pipes
referring to "Exhaust Pipe and Muffler Removal and
Installation in Section 1K".
5) Remove suspension frame, engine front mounting
member and mounting member referring to "Front
Suspension Frame, Stabilizer Bar and/or Bush
Removal and Installation in Section 2B" and "Engine
Assembly Removal and Installation in Section 1D".
6) Remove engine rear mounting bracket (1) and
stiffeners (2) from transfer.
7) Support transfer with transmission jack.
8) Remove transfer to transaxle bolts (1), and then
lower transfer assembly (2).
Reverse dismounting procedure for remounting of
transfer, noting the following points.
• Apply grease to left case (1) as shown in figure.
"A": Grease 99000–25010 (SUZUKI Super Grease
• Tighten engine rear mounting bracket nut to specified
torque referring to "Engine Mountings Components in
• Tighten bolts to specified torque as follows.
Stiffener No.1 bolt and No.2 bolt (a): 55 N·m (5.5
kgf-m, 40.0 lb-ft)
Transfer to transaxle bolt (b): 98 N·m (9.8 kgf-m,