For tripod joint type
• Disassembly of wheel side joint is not
allowed. If any noise or damage exists in it,
replace it as assembly.
• Do not disassemble tripod joint spider. If
any malcondition is found in it, replace it
as differential side joint assembly.
1) Remove differential side (or center shaft side) boot
big band (1) as follows.
• For boot big band without joint:
Remove boot big band by tapping boot and band
with plastic hammer. If it is hard to remove boot
big band, cut it using a nipper or an iron saw with
care not to damage joint housing.
• For boot big band with joint:
Draw hooks of boot big band together and remove
[A]: For boot big band without joint
[B]: For boot big band with joint
2) Wipe off grease from shaft and take off snap ring (1)
using snap ring pliers (2).
3) Remove tripod joint spider (1) using 3 arms puller
To prevent any problem caused by washing
solution, do not wash tripod joint except its
housing. Degreasing of tripod joint with cloth
4) Remove differential side (or center shaft side) boot
small band, and then pull out differential side (or
center shaft side) boot from shaft.
5) Remove damper from shaft, if equipped.
6) Undo caulking (5) of wheel side boot big band (1)
and small band (3) using flat end rod (2) or the like,
then pull out wheel side boot (4) from shaft.
Drive Shaft / Axle: Front 3A-6