7B-80 Air Conditioning System: Automatic Type
Air Flow Control Actuator Removal and
1) Disconnect negative cable at battery.
2) Remove steering column hole cover from instrument
3) Remove driver side foot duct from HVAC unit.
4) Disconnect air flow control actuator connector (2).
5) Remove air flow control actuator (1) from HVAC unit
by removing screws (3).
Reverse removal procedure noting the following
• Before installing actuator, make sure that position of
actuator lever is in between "BENT" position and
• Be sure to insert pin (1) of air flow control actuator into
the groove (2) of link.
Air Flow Control Actuator and Its Circuit
1) Remove air flow control actuator from HVAC unit
referring to "Air Flow Control Actuator Removal and
Installation: Automatic Type".
2) Connect connector to air flow control actuator.
3) Set air flow selector to "BENT" position with ignition
switch turned ON.
4) Connect voltage meter between terminal "2" and
5) Turn air flow selector to "DEF" position.
6) Measure output voltage variation while air flow
control actuator is operated from "BENT" position (A)
to "DEF" position (B) as following specification.
If measure voltage is out of specification or does not
vary linearly as the shown in graph, check related
wire circuit and HVAC control module. If wire circuits
and HVAC control module are OK, go to next step.
Air flow control actuator output voltage
0.48 – 4.53 V (linear variation as following graph)
[C] [D] [E]
[E]: DEF / FOOT
[F]: Actuator lever position