1G-14 Fuel System:
• When connecting joint, clean outside
surfaces of pipe where joint is to be
inserted, push joint into pipe till joint lock
clicks and check to ensure that pipes are
connected securely, or fuel leak may
• Never let the fuel hoses touch the ABS
sensor harness (if equipped).
1) If parts have been removed from fuel tank, install
them before installing fuel tank to vehicle.
2) Raise fuel tank (1) with jack (2) and connect fuel
pump connector (3), ground wire (4) and clamp wire
Ground wire bolt (a): 11 N·m (1.1 kgf-m, 8.0 lb-ft)
3) Install fuel tank to vehicle.
Fuel tank bolt (b): 45 N·m (4.5 kgf-m, 33.0 lb-ft)
4) Connect fuel filler hose (1) and breather hose (2) to
filler neck (3) as shown in figure, and clamp them
Fuel filler hose clamp (a): 1.5 N·m (0.15 kgf-m,
5) Connect fuel feed hose (1) and vapor hose (2) to
each pipe as shown in figure, and clamp them
6) Install exhaust center pipe referring to "Exhaust Pipe
and Muffler Removal and Installation in Section 1K".
7) Install propeller shaft (For 4WD model) referring to
"Propeller Shaft Assembly Removal and Installation
in Section 3D".
8) Connect negative cable at battery.
9) With engine OFF, turn ignition switch to ON position
and check for fuel leaks.
Fuel Tank Inspection
After removing fuel tank, check hoses and pipes
connected to fuel tank for leaks, loose connections,
deterioration or damage. Also check fuel pump
assembly gaskets for leaks, visually inspect fuel tank for
leaks and damage.
Replace any damaged or malconditioned parts.