1D-60 Engine Mechanical:
• Use new bearing cap No.1 bolts. They are
deformed once they are used because they
are plastic deformation tightening bolts.
• All parts to be installed must be perfectly
• Be sure to oil crankshaft journals, journal
bearings, thrust bearings, crankpins,
connecting rod bearings, pistons, piston
rings and cylinder bores.
• Journal bearings, bearing caps,
connecting rods, rod bearings, rod bearing
caps, pistons and piston rings are in
combination sets. Do not disturb such
combination and make sure that each part
goes back to where it came from, when
1) Install sensor plate (1) to crankshaft (2) and tighten
bolts to specified torque.
When installing sensor plate, align spring pin
(3) on crankshaft and hole of sensor plate.
Sensor plate bolt (a): 11 N·m (1.1 kgf-m, 8.0 lb-ft)
2) Install main bearings to cylinder block.
Upper half of bearing (1), has an oil groove (2).
Install it to cylinder block (3), and the other half
without oil groove to bearing cap.
Make sure that two halves are painted in the same
3) Confirm that dowel pins (1) are installed to intake
side of each journal.
4) Install crankshaft to cylinder block.
5) Install thrust bearings (1) to cylinder block between
No.2 and No.3 cylinders. Face oil groove (2) sides to