20) Remove transaxle case plug (1).
21) Remove torque converter housing bolts.
22) Remove torque converter housing (1) while tapping
around it lightly with plastic hammer.
23) Remove breather hose (1).
24) Remove breather union (2).
25) Measure input shaft thrust play.
Apply dial gauge onto input shaft end (1) and
measure thrust play of input shaft.
When input shaft thrust play is out of specification,
select input shaft front thrust bearing with proper
thickness from among the list below and replace it.
Input shaft thrust play
0.3 – 0.9 mm (0.012 – 0.035 in.)
Available input shaft front thrust bearing
"a": 0.8, 1.4 mm (0.032, 0.055 in.)
26) Remove oil pump assembly (1).
27) Remove direct clutch assembly (1).
28) Remove input shaft front thrust bearing (1).
If input shaft front thrust bearing is not
found, it may have been taken out with oil