Front Disc Brake Pad On-Vehicle Inspection
Inspect pad linings periodically according to
maintenance schedule whenever wheels are removed
(for tire rotation or other reason). Take a look through
each end and inspection hole of caliper and check lining
thickness of outside and inside pads.
If lining is worn and its thickness ("a" in figure) is less
than limit, all pads must be replaced at the same time.
Front brake pad thickness "a" (lining thickness)
Standard: 10 mm (0.39 in.)
Limit: 2 mm (0.08 in.)
Front Disc Brake Pad Removal and Installation
When replacing brake pad, replace it both
side brake caliper as the set.
1) Hoist vehicle and remove front wheel.
2) Remove caliper pin bolts (1).
3) Remove caliper (1) from caliper carrier (2).
Hang removed caliper (1) with a wire hook (4)
or the like so as to prevent brake hose from
bending and twisting excessively or being
Don't operate brake pedal with brake pads
4) Remove brake pads (3).
5) Remove brake pad spring (1) as show in figure.
1) Apply small amount of pad grease "a" (included in
spare parts) to pad spring and set brake pad spring
as shown in figure.
2) Set brake pad springs (1), and install brake pads (2)
and shims (4).
Install the brake pad with wear indicator (3) to
the vehicle center side of front right brake