1D-26 Engine Mechanical:
Oil Control Valve Removal and Installation (For
Engine with VVT)
Remove oil gallery pipe No.1 and oil control valve from
timing chain cover.
1) Install new O-ring (4) to oil control valve (2).
2) Install oil control valve to timing chain cover (3).
Tighten nuts to specification.
Oil control valve mounting nut (a): 11 N·m (1.1
kgf-m, 8.0 lb-ft)
3) Install oil gallery pipe No.1 (1) with new copper
washers (5) to timing chain cover.
Tighten bolts to specification.
Oil gallery pipe No.1 bolt (b): 30 N·m (3.0 kgf-m,
Oil Control Valve Inspection (For Engine with
Oil Control Valve
1) Inspect strainer (1) and mating surface (2) of oil
control valve for clog or damage. Clean oil control
valve if clog or foreign matter is present on strainer
or mating surface of oil control valve.
Replace oil control valve if its mating surface is
2) Check resistance between terminals of oil control
Oil control valve resistance
6.7 – 7.7 Ω (at 20 °C (68 °F))
Oil Gallery Pipe
Inspect oil gallery pipes No.1, No.2 (2) and No.3 (3).
Replace if crack, deformation or clog exists.