Intake Manifold Removal and Installation
1) Remove throttle body referring to "Electric Throttle
Body Assembly Removal and Installation".
2) Disconnect MAP sensor connector (1).
3) Disconnect the following hoses:
• Brake booster hose (2) from cylinder head cover
• PCV hose (3) from PCV valve
4) Remove EGR pipe bolt (4) from EGR valve.
5) Remove intake manifold (1) and EGR pipe (2) from
cylinder head, and then remove its gasket and O-
Reverse removal procedure for installation noting the
• Use new gasket and O-ring.
• Tighten EVAP canister purge valve bracket bolt to
EVAP canister purge valve bracket bolt: 5 N·m (
0.5 kgf-m, 4.0 lb-ft)
• Install intake manifold bolt (2) and nut (1) as shown in
• Check to ensure that all removed parts are back in
Reinstall any necessary parts which have not been
• Refill cooling system referring to "Cooling System
Flush and Refill in Section 1F".
• Upon completion of installation, turn ignition switch
ON but engine OFF and check for fuel leaks.
• Finally, start engine and check for engine coolant