Countershaft Disassembly and Reassembly
1) Drive out left bearing cone (2) with 4th gear (3) by
using puller (4) and hydraulic press.
• Use puller and hydraulic press that will
bear at least 5 ton (11,000 lb) safely.
• To avoid tooth damage, support 4th gear
(3) at flat side of puller.
2) Apply puller (5) to 2nd gear (4) and drive out 3rd &
4th gear spacer (2) and 3rd gear (3) together with
2nd gear by using hydraulic press. Needle bearing
would come out with 2nd gear.
• If compression exceeds 5 ton (11,000 lb),
release compression once, reset bearing
puller and then continue press work again.
• To avoid gear tooth from being damaged,
support it at flat side of bearing puller.
3) Take out 2nd synchronizer outer ring, center cone
and inner ring.
4) Using special tool, remove circlip (1).
Correct tool tips to be flat to facilitate
removal of circlip.
2. Low speed synchronizer sleeve
5) Apply puller (3) to 1st gear (2) and drive out low
speed synchronizer sleeve & hub assembly (1) with
1st gear by using hydraulic press.
To avoid gear tooth from damage, support it
at flat side of bearing puller.