4) If pedal travel doesn't change, air tightness isn't
If defective, inspect vacuum lines and sealing
parts, and replace any faulty part. When this
has been done, repeat the entire test.
1. 1st, 2nd, 3rd
1) With engine stopped, depress brake pedal several
times with the same load and make sure that pedal
travel doesn't change.
2) Start engine while depressing brake pedal. If pedal
travel increases a little, operation is satisfactory. But
no change in pedal travel indicates malfunction.
Brake Control System and Diagnosis:
Check Air Tightness Under Load
1) With engine running, depress brake pedal. Then
stop engine while holding brake pedal depressed.
2) Hold brake pedal depressed for 30 seconds. If pedal
height does not change, condition is good. But it isn't
if pedal rises.
T: 30 seconds