2B-15 Front Suspension:
Front Suspension Frame, Stabilizer Bar and/or Bush Components
[A]: Non-pre-coated bolt
[B]: Pre-coated bolt with friction stabilizer
1. Stabilizer bar
2. Stabilizer bush
3. Stabilizer mounting bracket
Front Suspension Frame, Stabilizer Bar and/or
Bush Removal and Installation
When supporting and installing front
suspension frame, be sure to apply some
supporting equipment (such as mission jack)
at well-balanced position in the center
section of front suspension frame so as to
prevent from its drop. Otherwise drop and
When removing and installing suspension
control arm, be careful not to damage dust
boots of suspension control arm joint by
drive shaft dust cover and brake dust cover.
1) Disconnect negative (–) cable at battery.
2) Remove air cleaner assembly referring to "Air
Cleaner Assembly Removal and Installation in
3) Remove hood referring to "Hood Removal and
Installation in Section 9J".
4. Stabilizer bar mounting bracket bolt
5. Suspension control arm
6. Suspension control arm mounting bolt
7. Front suspension frame
8. Front suspension frame mounting bolt
4) Hoist vehicle and remove front wheels.
5) Remove exhaust No.1, No.2 and center pipes
referring to "Exhaust System Components in Section
6) Remove steering gear case mounting bolt referring
to "Steering Gear Case Assembly Components in
7) Fix steering gear case to body with rope to avoid the
steering gear case fall off when front suspension
frame is lowered.
8) Remove suspension control arms and disconnect
9) Support engine assembly by using chain hoist (1).
: 23 N⋅m (2.3 kgf-m, 17.0 lb-ft)
: 95 N⋅m (9.5 kgf-m, 69.0 lb-ft)
: 150 N⋅m (15.0 kgf-m, 108.5 lb-ft)
: Do not reuse.