• Before performed trouble shooting, be sure to read the "Precautions of ECM Circuit Inspection".
• When measuring circuit voltage, resistance and/or pulse signal at ECM connector, connect the
special tool to ECM and/or the ECM connectors referring to "Inspection of ECM and Its Circuits".
• When A/C evaporator outlet air temp. is below 2.5 °C (36.5 °F), A/C remains OFF ("E01-47" terminal
voltage becomes 10 – 14 V). This condition is not abnormal.
Reception data check from BCM
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned
2) Turn ON ignition switch.
3) Check DTC for CAN-DTC.
Is there CAN-DTC?
A/C switch signal circuit check
1) Start engine and select "Data List" mode on scan tool.
2) Check A/C switch signal under following conditions
A/C switch signal
Engine running, A/C switch OFF: OFF
Engine running, A/C switch ON and blower speed
selector turned 1st position or more: ON
Is check result satisfactory?
DTC check of ECT sensor circuit
1) Check ECM for DTC of ECT sensor circuit.
Is there DTC P0116, DTC P0117 or DTC P0118?
A/C condenser cooling fan control system check
Is A/C condenser cooling fan started when A/C and blower
speed selector switch are turned ON with engine running?
A/C condenser cooling fan control circuit check
1) Check DTC with scan tool.
Is DTC P0481 displayed?
Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
Go to "Troubleshooting
Go to Step 3.
Go to applicable DTC
Go to Step 10.
Go to "DTC P0481:
Cooling Fan 2 (A/C
Condenser Fan) Control
Go to Step 2.
Check A/C switch
Go to Step 4.
Go to Step 5.
Go to Step 6.