Input / Output Signal Table of 4WD Control Module
4WD control module outputs the following signals to coupling assembly, indicators, according to the 2WD/4WD switch
Coupling air temperature sensor
ABS / ESP® control module
On-Board Diagnostic System Description
For 4WD control system, 4WD control module has the following functions.
• When ignition switch is turned ON with engine at stop, 4WD AUTO indicator (1) and 4WD LOCK indicator (2) turn
on at the same time for 2 seconds in order to check operation of these indicators.
• When 4WD control module detects any malfunction in the following area, 4WD AUTO indicator (1) and 4WD LOCK
indicator (2) flash continuously or turn on and 4WD control module comes into fail-safe mode. For details of fail safe
mode, refer to "Fail-Safe Table".
– 2WD/4WD switch
– Coupling air temperature sensor
– Coupling assembly
• DTC can be checked by using SUZUKI scan tool (3) connected to DLC (4).
• When 4WD control module detects any malfunction, 4WD control module will switch off the current to coupling
assembly and vehicle is changed to 2WD position.
DLC (Data Link Connector)
Refer to "Data Link Connector (DLC)" under "On-Board Diagnostic System Description in Section 1A".
Output signal (to each component parts)