Fuel Tank Removal and Installation
Before starting the following procedure, be
sure to observe "Precautions on Fuel System
Service" in order to reduce the risk of fire and
1) Relieve fuel pressure in fuel feed line according to
"Fuel Pressure Relief Procedure".
2) Disconnect negative cable at battery.
3) Remove fuel filler cap.
4) Insert hose of a hand operated pump into fuel filler
hose (1) and drain fuel in space "A" as shown in
Do not force pump hose into fuel tank.
2. Inlet check valve
5) Hoist vehicle, and remove clamp (2), fuel filler hose
(1) and breather hose (3) from fuel filler neck.
10) Support fuel tank (1) with jack (2) and remove its
11) Lower fuel tank a little as to disconnect wire harness
6) Remove exhaust center pipe referring to "Exhaust
Pipe and Muffler Removal and Installation in Section
7) Remove propeller shaft (For 4WD model) referring to
"Propeller Shaft Assembly Removal and Installation
in Section 3D".
8) Due to absence of fuel tank drain plug, drain fuel
tank by pumping fuel out through fuel tank filler.
Use hand operated pump device to drain fuel tank.
• Do not force pump hose into fuel tank.
• Never store fuel in an open container due
to possibility of fire or explosion.
9) Disconnect quick joint (fuel pipe) (1) from fuel pipes
(2) referring to "Fuel Hose Disconnecting and
mounting bolts (3).
at connector (1)and ground wire (2), then remove