Parking brake and brake fluid level check
1) Make sure that:
• Parking brake is completely released.
• Brake fluid level is upper than the minimum level.
Are the check results OK?
ABS warning light operation check
1) Turn ignition switch to ON position.
Does ABS warning light come on steady?
Parking brake switch circuit and brake fluid level switch
1) Release parking brake completely, and replenish brake
2) Disconnect BCM connectors with ignition switch turned
3) Measure resistance between each terminal of "E04-5",
"L01-6" and vehicle body ground.
DTC check of BCM
1) Connect scan tool to data link connector with ignition
switch turned OFF.
2) Turn ignition switch to ON position and check DTC of
Is there DTC U0073?
CAN communication line circuit check
1) Turn ignition switch to OFF position.
2) Disconnect connectors of all control modules
communicating by means of CAN.
3) Check for proper connection to CAN communication line
4) If OK then check CAN communication line circuit
between control modules for open, short and high
Is each CAN communication line circuit in good condition?
Electronic Stability Program:
Go to Step 2.
Perform "ABS Warning
Light Comes ON
Go to Step 4.
Go to "DTC U0073 (No.
0073): Control Module
Communication Bus Off
in Section 10B".
Substitute a known-
good combination meter
and recheck. If EBD
warning light remains
OFF, substitute a
known-good BCM and/
or ESP® hydraulic unit /
assembly and recheck.
Release parking brake
replenish brake fluid.
Go to Step 3.
Check each applicable
circuit for short to
vehicle body ground. If
OK then check parking
brake switch and/or
brake fluid level switch.
Go to Step 5.