5A-132 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle:
Transaxle Rear Cover (O/D and 2nd Coast Brake
Piston) Assembly Disassembly and
1) Remove snap ring by using special tools and
Do not press O/D and 2nd coast brake return
spring subassembly in over 1.0 mm (0.039
Excessive compression may cause damage
to O/D and 2nd coast brake return spring
subassembly and/or piston.
2) Remove O/D and 2nd coast brake return spring
1. Transaxle rear cover
3) Apply compressed air (400 – 800 kPa, 4 – 8 kg/cm
57 – 113 psi) to oil hole (2) of transaxle rear cover (1)
to remove O/D and 2nd coast brake piston.
4) Remove O/D and 2nd coast brake piston front O-ring
(1) and rear O-ring (2).
5) Remove rear cover seal rings (1).
6) Remove rear cover plugs (1).