8A-1 Seat Belts:
Precautions on Service and Diagnosis of Seat Belt
If replacing seat belt is necessary, replace buckle and seat belt together as a set. This is for the reason
of ensuring locking of tongue plate with buckle. If these parts are replaced individually, such a locking
condition may become unreliable. For this reason, SUZUKI will supply only the spare buckle and seat
belt assembly in a set part.
Before servicing or replacing seat belts, refer to the following precautionary items.
• Seat belts should be normal relative to strap retractor and buckle portions.
• Keep sharp edges and damaging objects away from belts.
• Avoid bending or damaging any portion of belt buckle or latch plate.
• Do not bleach or dye belt webbing. (Use only mild soap and lukewarm water to clean it.)
• When installing a seat belt anchor bolt, it should be tightened by hand at first to prevent cross-threading and then to
• Do not attempt any repairs on retractor mechanisms or retractor covers. Replace defective assemblies with new
• Keep belts dry and clean at all times.
• If there exist any parts in question, replace such parts.
• Replace belts whose webbing is cut or otherwise damaged.
• Do not put anything into trim panel opening which seat belt webbing passes through.