36) Remove 2nd brake gasket (1).
37) Measure O/D and 2nd coast brake piston stroke.
If piston stroke exceeds specification, inspect and
replace plates and discs.
• Measure dimension "a" from mating surface of
transaxle case to O/D and 2nd coast brake rear
plate (1) using straightedge and micrometer
• Measure dimension "b" from O/D and 2nd coast
brake piston (2) to rear cover assembly mating
surface using straightedge and micrometer
• Calculate piston stroke from measured value of
dimensions "a" and "b".
• Piston stroke = "a" – "b"
O/D and 2nd coast brake piston stroke
Standard: 0.65 – 1.05 mm (0.026 – 0.041 in.)
When brake disc, retaining plate, separator
plate and/or rear plate of O/D and 2nd coast
brake have been replaced, all learned
contents, which have been stored in TCM
memory by executing learning control,
should be initialized referring to "Learning
Neglecting this initialization may cause
excessive shift shock.
38) Remove forward and reverse clutch assembly (1).
39) Remove intermediate shaft thrust bearing front race
(1), thrust bearing (2) and rear race (3) from forward
and reverse clutch assembly (4).
If intermediate shaft thrust bearing and/or
races are not found on forward and reverse
clutch assembly, they may have been left in