5A-94 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle:
Reverse removal procedure to install valve body
harness and valve body assembly noting the following
• For details of valve body assembly and their
connectors installation, refer to "Automatic Transaxle
• For details of A/T oil pan installation, refer to
"Automatic Transaxle Unit Assembly". Use new oil
• Tighten valve body harness connector bolt to
Valve body harness connector bolt (a): 5.5 N·m (
0.55 kgf-m, 4.0 lb-ft)
• Pour A/T fluid and check fluid level according to
procedure described in "A/T Fluid Change".
• Check for fluid leakage after warming up A/T.
Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor
Warm up transmission fluid temperature sensor (2).
Check resistance between terminals of valve body
harness connector (1). Thus make sure its resistance
decrease as its temperature increase.
Transmission fluid temperature sensor resistance
10 °C (50 °F): 5.8 – 7.1 kΩ
110 °C (230 °F): 231 – 263 Ω
145 °C (293 °F): 105 – 117 Ω
Solenoid Valves (Shift Solenoid Valves and
Timing Solenoid Valve) Removal and
1) Disconnect negative cable at battery.
2) Lift up vehicle.
3) Remove left side engine under cover.
4) Remove drain plug and drain A/T fluid.
5) Install drain plug.
A/T fluid drain plug: 17 N·m (1.7 kgf-m, 12.5 lb-ft)