Front Brake Hose and Pipe Removal and
Do not allow brake fluid to get on painted
surfaces. Painted surfaces will be damaged
by brake fluid, flush it with water immediately
if any fluid is spilled.
1) Hoist vehicle and remove tire and wheel.
This operation is not necessary, when
removing pipes which is connecting master
2) Clean dirt and foreign material from both flexible
hose end and pipe end fittings.
3) Drain brake fluid in reservoir.
4) Remove brake flexible hose or pipe.
Reverse brake flexible hose removal procedure, noting
• Make sure that steering wheel is in straight-forward
position and flexible hose has not twist or kink.
• Install clamps and tighten nuts referring to "Front
Brake Hose / Pipe Components".
• Install brake flexible hose (1) to caliper as shown in
Flexible hose joint bolt (a): 23 N·m (2.3 kgf-m,
• Check to make sure that flexible hose doesn't contact
any part of suspension, both in extreme right and
extreme left turn conditions. If it does at any point,
remove and correct. Fill and maintain brake fluid level
• Bleed brake system. Refer to "Air Bleeding of Brake
• Perform brake test and check installed part for fluid
Brake Control System and Diagnosis:
2. Location mark
3. Outside of vehicle
4. Inside of vehicle