1G-10 Fuel System:
Reverse removal procedure for installation noting the
• Replace injector O-ring (1) with new one using care
not to damage it.
• Check if cushion (2) is scored or damaged. If it is,
replace with new one.
• Apply thin coat of fuel to O-rings (1), and then install
injectors (3) into delivery pipe (4) and cylinder head.
Make sure that injectors rotate smoothly (6). If not,
probable cause is incorrect installation of O-ring.
Replace O-ring with new one.
• Tighten delivery pipe bolts (5) to specified torque and
make sure that injectors rotate smoothly.
Fuel delivery pipe bolt (a): 25 N·m (2.5 kgf-m, 18.0
• After installation, with engine OFF and ignition switch
ON, check for fuel leaks around fuel line connection.
Fuel Injector Inspection
• Before starting the following procedure, be
sure to observe "Precautions on Fuel
System Service" in order to reduce the risk
of fire and personal injury.
• Put injector and battery as far away as
possible in order to reduce risk of fire and
personal injury when connecting/
disconnecting test lead to/from battery.
1) Relieve fuel pressure according to "Fuel Pressure
Relief Procedure" if equipped.
2) Disconnect fuel feed hose from delivery pipe.
3) Set special tools as follows.
a) Fit washer (1) (inside diameter 13.5 – 14.5
mm(0.532 – 0.570 in.)) to injector (2), and then
install injector to special tool (A).
b) Connect special tool (B) to injector.
c) Install special tool (C) to special tool (A).
d) Connect fuel feed hose to special tool (A).