7A-4 Heater and Ventilation:
HVAC Unit Components
For non-A/C and manual A/C, refer to "HVAC Unit
Components: Manual Type in Section 7B".
For auto A/C, refer to "HVAC Unit Components:
Automatic Type in Section 7B".
HVAC Unit Removal and Installation (Non-A/C)
For manual A/C and auto A/C, refer to "HVAC Unit
Removal and Installation: Manual Type in Section 7B".
1) Drain engine coolant referring to "Cooling System
Draining in Section 1F", and then disconnect heater
hoses from HVAC unit.
2) Remove cowl top cover from vehicle body referring
to "Cowl Top and Front Lower Crossmember
Components in Section 9K".
3) Remove instrument panel from vehicle body
referring to "Instrument Panel Removal and
Installation in Section 9C".
4) Remove HVAC unit (1) from vehicle body by
removing nuts (2).
Reverse removal procedure noting the following
• Be careful not to catch any cable and wiring harness
in inappropriate position.
• Adjust control cables of HVAC control unit referring to
"HVAC Control Unit Removal and Installation".
• Refill cooling system with coolant referring to "Cooling
System Flush and Refill in Section 1F".
Blower Motor Removal and Installation
1) Disconnect negative (–) cable from battery.
2) Disconnect connector (1) from blower motor (2).
3) Remove blower motor (2) from HVAC unit as follows.
a) Remove screws (4).
b) Release tub (3) to arrow direction.
c) Hold Step b) and turn blower motor (2) to arrow
Reverse removal procedure.
Blower Motor Inspection
• Check blower motor for resistance between two
terminals as shown.
If there is no continuity, replace blower motor.