1K-4 Exhaust System:
3) Install exhaust manifold stiffener (2).
Tighten exhaust manifold stiffener bolts to specified
Exhaust manifold stiffener bolt (b): 50 N·m (5.0
kgf-m, 36.5 lb-ft)
4) Install new seal ring and connect exhaust No.1 pipe
(1) to exhaust No.2 pipe. Tighten pipe fasteners to
Exhaust No.2 pipe bolt (c): 43 N·m (4.3 kgf-m,
5) Install HO2S-2 (3) and tighten HO2S-2 bracket bolt
(4) referring to "Exhaust System Components", if
Be sure to identify HO2S-1 and HO2S-2 by its
connector color referring to "Exhaust System
Tightening Torque Specifications
Exhaust manifold bolt
Exhaust manifold nut
Exhaust No.1 pipe bolt
Exhaust manifold stiffener bolt
Exhaust No.2 pipe bolt
The specified tightening torque is also described in the following.
"Exhaust System Components"
For the tightening torque of fastener not specified in this section, refer to "Fasteners Information in Section 0A".
6) Connect HO2S-1 connector (1) (connector color:
black) and HO2S-2 connector (2) (connector color:
green), and then fit coupler to bracket securely.
7) Connect negative cable at battery.
8) Check exhaust system for exhaust gas leakage.
Exhaust Pipe and Muffler Removal and
For replacement of exhaust pipe, be sure to hoist vehicle
and observe WARNING under "Exhaust System
Components" and the following.
Exhaust manifold have three way catalytic
converter in it, it should not be exposed to
Be careful not to drop it or hit it against
• Tighten bolts and nuts to specified torque when
reassembling. Refer to "Exhaust System
• After installation, start engine and check each joint of
exhaust system for leakage.