8) For engine with VVT, install new O-ring (1) to oil
gallery pipes No.2 (2) and No.3 (3).
9) For engine with VVT, install oil gallery pipes No.2
and No.3 to cylinder head (4) and timing chain cover
Tighten bolts to specified torque.
Oil gallery pipe No.2 and No.3 bolt (a): 11 N·m (
1.1 kgf-m, 8.0 lb-ft)
10) Install water pump pulley.
11) Install cylinder head cover referring to "Cylinder
Head Cover Removal and Installation".
12) Install oil pan referring to "Oil Pan and Oil Pump
Strainer Removal and Installation in Section 1E".
13) Install crankshaft pulley (1). Tighten bolt (2) to
specified torque. To lock crankshaft pulley, use
special tool with it as shown in figure.
Crankshaft pulley bolt (a): 150 N·m (15.0 kgf-m,
14) Install engine assembly to vehicle referring to
"Engine Assembly Removal and Installation".
Timing Chain Cover Inspection
Check oil seal lip for fault or other damage. Replace as
Timing Chain Cover (For Engine with VVT)
Inspect strainer (1) of oil passage for driving intake cam
timing sprocket assembly (VVT actuator).
If clog or foreign matter exists, clean strainer.