1D-34 Engine Mechanical:
1) Install tappets and shims to cylinder head.
Apply engine oil around tappet and then install it to
When installing shim, make sure to direct
shim No. side toward tappet.
2) For engine with VVT, install camshaft bearings (1) to
cylinder head (2) and camshaft housing (3).
Do not apply engine oil to camshaft bearing
Only a upper half bearing of intake camshaft
bearing No.1 has some holes.
3) Install intake camshaft (1) and exhaust camshaft (2).
Align knock pin (3) and match mark (4) with notches
(5) as shown in figure.
Before installing camshafts, turn crankshaft
until key position faces upward.
Refer to "Timing Chain and Chain Tensioner
Removal and Installation".
[A]: For engine with VVT
[B]: For engine without VVT
4) Apply engine oil to sliding surface of each camshaft
and camshaft journal then install them as shown in
5) Install camshaft housing pins (1) as shown in figure.
"a": Approx. 30°
"b": Approx. 60°