61) Measure 1st and reverse brake piston stroke.
If piston stroke exceeds specified value,
disassemble, inspect and replace discs and plates.
• Using special tool, measure 1st and reserve brake
piston stroke when compressed air (400 – 800
kPa, 4 – 8 kg/cm
, 57 – 113 psi) is blown through
1st and reverse brake piston stroke
Standard: 0.79 – 1.49 mm (0.031 – 0.059 in.)
62) Remove snap ring while the 1st and reverse brake
piston return springs are compressed using special
tool and hydraulic press.
Do not press 1st and reverse brake return
spring subassembly in over 0.8 mm (0.031
Excessive compression may cause damage
to return spring subassembly, discs, plates
63) Remove 1st and reverse brake retaining plate, discs
and separator plates.
64) Remove 1st and reverse brake return spring
65) Turn over transaxle and uncaulk reduction drive gear
66) Secure reduction drive gear (1) with parking lock
pawl, then remove reduction drive gear nut.
• It is recommended that this operation
should be carried out on rubber mat to
prevent damaging transaxle case.
• Never reuse removed nut.