1) Install crankshaft position sensor to cylinder block.
Tighten CKP sensor bolt to specified torque.
CKP sensor bolt (a): 11 N·m (1.1 kgf-m, 8.0 lb-ft)
2) Connect connector to CKP sensor securely.
3) Adjust generator drive belt tension referring to
"Water Pump / Generator Drive Belt Tension
Inspection and Adjustment in Section 1F".
4) Connect negative cable to battery.
Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor Inspection
• Check that O-ring is free from damage.
• Check that end face of sensor and signal pulley tooth
are free from any metal particles and damage.
1) Remove metal particles on end face of CKP sensor,
2) Arrange 12 V battery (1) and connect its positive
terminal to "Vin" terminal (2) and negative terminal to
"Ground" terminal (3) of sensor. Then using
ohmmeter, measure resistance between "Vout"
terminal (4) of sensor and negative terminal of
battery by passing magnetic substance (iron) (5)
while keeping approximately 1 mm (0.03 in.) gap
with respect to end face of CKP sensor.
If resistance does not vary as specified below,
replace CKP sensor.
CKP sensor resistance
Resistance varies from less than 220 Ω (ON) to
infinity (OFF) or from infinity (OFF) to less than 220
[A]: non-VVT model
Knock Sensor Removal and Installation
1) Disconnect negative cable at battery.
2) Hoist vehicle.
3) Remove right side drive shaft referring to "Front
Drive Shaft Assembly Removal and Installation:
Front in Section 3A".
4) Disconnect knock sensor connector (1).
5) Remove knock sensor (2) from cylinder block.
Reverse removal procedure for installation.
Knock sensor (a): 22 N·m (2.2 kgf-m, 16.0 lb-ft)
Engine Electrical Devices:
[B]: VVT model